January 12, 2011

YA fave - The Coffin Quilt by Ann Rinaldi

I wanted to recommend a good book for you to read if you're stuck in the house due to bad weather. A few years ago a friend gave me COFFIN as a gift. I believe she bought it at the Tamarack in WV, which I love.
The book is classified as young adult but it satisfied my adult mind.
It's the fictionalized story of young Fanny McCoy of the Hatfields and McCoys.
The author warns: This is a historical novel. Read at your own risk. The writer feels it necessary to alert you to the fact that you might enjoy it.
I DID!
Go read this book and let me know how you liked it.
BLessings.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation...! Most of my favorite reads of the past few years have been YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love historical fiction. I also read mostly books for the young reader, I prefer MG the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a lot of Ann Rinaldi, but not that one. She's great! I'll have to find it. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete