Skip to main content

I'll be at the Tamarack on December 15, 16


I'll be at the Tamarack, the arts and cultural center, in Beckley, West Virginia on December 15, 16 to sign copies of my novel Vada Faith at the book store there. I believe the book store is next to the restaurant which is called Taste of West Virginia. 

This is most appropriate as the novel is set in a small town in West Virginia. It's the story about a surrogacy gone wrong and main character Vada Faith who longs for something more in her life. By the end of the story she realizes she has what she has needed and wanted all along. But not before dragging herself, her family, and the entire town on this tumultuous journey that most are not happy to be going on.

This is my first real book signing and I'm excited. Beyond excited. I'm going back to my home state to show off what I've accomplished. Even if it's a small accomplishment, this is huge for me.

Besides wondering what the weather will be in Beckley -- which is in the mountains and close to ski areas --- I've been pondering what to wear. Something old, something new, something borrowed or something blue?

I'm thinking something new is in order, as most of what I have consists of lounge wear, jeans, lots of pull overs and nothing that would suggest "successful author," which is the look I'm going for. Those who know me - know better. I'm still struggling along, writing, editing, making a few bucks here and there on my books and still trying to hit the big time. And loving every minute of my journey.

So, if I can wrangle a daughter to go with me to TJMaxx's I may be sporting something new at Tamarack. If not, well then, who knows?

 If you haven't seen Vada Faith you might go take a look at Amazon. It's in paperback and kindle version.
I also have a book of short stories titled Ezra and Other Stories that's on sale for $2.99. Anyone on your Christmas list read???

And if you are in or around Beckley on Dec. 15 or 16 between 11 and 4, stop in and say hello. I'll be the one pretending to be the successful author, smiling ear to ear and surrounded by paperbacks that looks just like this one below.

Have a great week!  Blessings, Barb


Product Details

Vada Faith by Barbara A. Whittington (Published Jun 10, 2012)


Comments

  1. You will do great!I am so excited for you. I would wear something Christmassy, that will make people think of buying a book for a Christmas present. If I am in that area, I will certainly stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know your book will be a great success.

    Who is the publishing company, if you don't mind me asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do indeed look like a successful author! I thought about you when we were there the following week and was thrilled to see your book. Vada Faith has taken wings, just as you promised her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ODE TO OLD OR I SHALL WEAR PURPLE.....

Ode to Old
When I am old- Really really old- And cannot see -
Red balls of rouge- Riding- High on my cheeks,
Black lines- Arching- Over my eyes, 
Gravy stains covering- Yellow flowers- On my good blue dress.
When I am old- And cannot see - Will you please do-  My grooming for me?

by: Barbara A. Whittington











My Favorite Essay by Gladys Taber

BUTTERNUT WISDOM

From an essay by Gladys Taber
Family Circle  - September 1982

    I sat in the sun the other day while the dogs dug up the lawn and thought about work. I wasn’t working. I was just thinking about it. I have found that when I cannot possibly accomplish everything I am supposed to and feel an unbearable pressure---as all homemakers must---if I just stop, life goes better.
    I get a good book, make some spiced tea and sit down on my own corner of the sofa or in my favorite lawn chair. I let life settle in around me, and that is the only way I can express it. After 20 minutes or half an hour, I go back to the mechanics of living.  AND at days end I am just as far along as if I had not stopped to think.

Another of her thoughts: time for thinking is a gift one can give only to one’s self.


Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have over the years. When I've had it with my life some days -  I have only to sit down with a glass of sweet tea and think of this essay an…

Romance paperback now available - wrapping up those small holiday gifts....

NEW romance paperback makes a sweet gift for the reader in your life.

The publication of my paperback Dear Ann: Love Letters from Nam, which is a short story, is finally HERE. So happy. Just click the link below to go to Amazon and check it out. The story is told in letters between a young soldier in war-torn Vietnam and his bride back home in West Virginia. Priced at $5.99. I put a lot of hard work and considerable research into this story. It is a part of a much larger work - which may take the rest of my lifetime to finish or I may never. Thus, here's a portion of the story I still love! The letters make a good stand-alone story. I hope you'll enjoy reading it. If at all possible, please leave a review on Amazon. This paperback exists because of the many requests I had to turn this story into a tangible book. Dear Anne is filled with romance, and the emotion and angst that comes with war-time romance. Leaving a loved one behind to go fight in a war in a far away strange land…