Skip to main content

Faith, Fireworks, and Fir by Pam Andrews Hanson

This novel is set in the town of Evergreen, Michigan, home of The Christmas Store, where main character Faith works selling ornaments and trees along with a variety of newly arrived “special” angels, both beautiful and inspiring.

She soon becomes involved in helping the town’s elderly sisters, Cora and Carrie, save their Victorian Bed and Breakfast from being sold, thanks to their nephew David who has come to town to convince them to retire and move into a retirement community near him in Arizona.

Faith and David have both experienced broken hearts and try to guard their hearts from further hurt, by working actively to not fall for each other, even as they begin to feel a growing attachment.

They’re thrown together on enough occasions to make them miss each other when they are apart. Cora and Carrie help the romance along by setting them up on dates.

Faith and David volunteer to help organize the church’s Christmas in July Bazaar and work closely to set up booths and then end up standing in for the clown who is ill. AND, much to their surprise, they love doing it.

When David learns that Cora and Carrie are selling off family heirlooms to make ends meet, though they’ve been left a healthy inheritance and their inn business is thriving, he’s puzzled and does some snooping. He finally tracks the trail of money to the church and learns that Cora and Carrie are bankrolling many of the church’s new projects, including paying day care for any child whose family cannot afford the fees.

Unsuccessful in moving his aunts to Arizona with him, David returns to Arizona, selling his business at a huge profit with enough left over to help his spinster aunts with their church obligations. He moves back to Evergreen to be near them and to pursue a relationship with Faith.
By then Faith realizes how perfect they are for each other and when David proposes she says yes.

They have a lovely winter church wedding with all the town as guests.

A perfect ending to a perfect love story.

This e-book is available online at Amazon.com for $2.98. I know! I couldn’t believe it either.

Thanks Pam for a great read. It warmed me on these cold Ohio evenings!
Wherever you live it will surely warm your heart too. Give yourself an early gift or gift this e book to a reader you love.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely story. (Can hardly wait to get my Kindle for Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...I smell a good Hallmark movie with cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right yaya. It would make a great Hallmark movie. We've watched several good ones lately. Glad you smelled that to remind me.
    Blessings y/all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love best to read of your memories of days gone by -- it's the most like sitting with you at the kitchen table or on the front porch, swapping stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment was meant for the next post. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ODE TO OLD OR I SHALL WEAR PURPLE.....

Ode to Old
When I am old- Really really old- And cannot see -
Red balls of rouge- Riding- High on my cheeks,
Black lines- Arching- Over my eyes, 
Gravy stains covering- Yellow flowers- On my good blue dress.
When I am old- And cannot see - Will you please do-  My grooming for me?

by: Barbara A. Whittington











My Favorite Essay by Gladys Taber

BUTTERNUT WISDOM

From an essay by Gladys Taber
Family Circle  - September 1982

    I sat in the sun the other day while the dogs dug up the lawn and thought about work. I wasn’t working. I was just thinking about it. I have found that when I cannot possibly accomplish everything I am supposed to and feel an unbearable pressure---as all homemakers must---if I just stop, life goes better.
    I get a good book, make some spiced tea and sit down on my own corner of the sofa or in my favorite lawn chair. I let life settle in around me, and that is the only way I can express it. After 20 minutes or half an hour, I go back to the mechanics of living.  AND at days end I am just as far along as if I had not stopped to think.

Another of her thoughts: time for thinking is a gift one can give only to one’s self.


Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have over the years. When I've had it with my life some days -  I have only to sit down with a glass of sweet tea and think of this essay an…

Romance paperback now available - wrapping up those small holiday gifts....

NEW romance paperback makes a sweet gift for the reader in your life.

The publication of my paperback Dear Ann: Love Letters from Nam, which is a short story, is finally HERE. So happy. Just click the link below to go to Amazon and check it out. The story is told in letters between a young soldier in war-torn Vietnam and his bride back home in West Virginia. Priced at $5.99. I put a lot of hard work and considerable research into this story. It is a part of a much larger work - which may take the rest of my lifetime to finish or I may never. Thus, here's a portion of the story I still love! The letters make a good stand-alone story. I hope you'll enjoy reading it. If at all possible, please leave a review on Amazon. This paperback exists because of the many requests I had to turn this story into a tangible book. Dear Anne is filled with romance, and the emotion and angst that comes with war-time romance. Leaving a loved one behind to go fight in a war in a far away strange land…