September 23, 2011

The days of my life...

As the flowers in the fields grow, so grow the years, days, hours, moments of my life.

Each day I take out a day of my allotted ones on this earth. And I've already used up so many -

Uselessly, trying to get it.

But what am I trying to get?

Am I trying to get ahead?

But trying to get ahead of what?

Ahead of or outrun? I wonder.

Some of the days were filled with silt.

Others with pure gold.

Joy, laughter, fun.

Now at this time in the later days of my life,

I try to make each day I take out of my jar of days -

A day that matters.

Make this a day that matters in your life!

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. I so agree. I used to think, oh, it's fall now, soon we will celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas or the New Year brings Valentines Day and then there is Easter and Summer! I now try and enjoy each and every day instead of looking forward to certain days. Each day is a gift and a blessing and we should enjoy each one given to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment indeed. Now is the time to enjoy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. I like this:

    "I try to make each day I take out of my jar of days -

    A day that matters."

    Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely message here. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good friend who passed away had this motto that he said everyday..."Don't waste the day"..he died young but he never wasted a minute. I try to remember that also. Your post was beautiful, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice, Barb. I'm glad you're feeling like writing again.

    ReplyDelete