Skip to main content

Thanks to Elizabeth, Karen, and Adrienne


Here are a few samples of reviews that people have left for my book VADA FAITH.
So appreciate each person who has taken the time to read the book and then to review it! All time consuming. Blessings to all of you!


5.0 out of 5 stars Exploring the human heart, April 5, 2012
By 
Amazon Verified Purchase
 When her impulsive decision to become a surrogate mother turns out to be a terrible mistake, Vada Faith finds herself in the middle of a storm. No matter what she does, someone will be hurt. In her debut novel, Barbara Whittington has created an outspoken, lovable character, filled with dreams, who will make you laugh and cry. If you like books that explore the human heart, you'll love being with Vada Faith as she decides what is important in her life. I know I did.
5.0 out of 5 stars Vada Faith, March 14, 2012
By 
karen m -Amazon Verified Purchase
 I loved this book. It's easy to relate to and empathize with the well developed characters. The story "teaches" a good lesson and really makes the reader think about what is truly important. I recommend it!! Can't wait for Barbara Whittington's next novel. 


5.0 out of 5 stars  Vada Faith
Charming, June 7, 2012
By 
Adrienne (WILMINGTON, DE, US) -This review is from: Vada Faith (Kindle Edition)
I hate reviews that recount the entire plot and tell all the "good" parts. In my opinion, why read the book if I just got all I need to know from the review? Having said that I will keep this short and sweet. I found this book to be well constructed. One thing that endears me to a novel is the ability to believe in the characters and the relationships portrayed in the story. Vada Faith was a story woven around the issue of surrogacy but also about the dynamics of personal everyday relationships. I was able to hear and even feel the needs and struggles of the main character as a woman, mother, sister, wife, and daughter. I look forward to reading more of the author's work.

Comments

  1. Congratulations. Looks like you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting with your kind words.

    I wish you great sales.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 High School - Poca High School, Putnam County, WV What year was it? Fall 1960 - Spring 1963 What were your favorite bands, or singers? Sam Cook, Chubby Checker, Conway Twitty (It's only make believe), Johnny Rodriquez. Meatloaf. ELvis. What was your favorite outfit? Straight skirts, blouses, cardigans or jackets, little heels. Other Outfits? Jeans and a white Dr. Ben Casey shirt. What was up with your hair? Everything. I put peroxide on it. Lemon juice, thinking it needed to be lighter. I cut it, styled it, put it in a pony tail or a french twist. Hair was the most important thing in my life in high school. And hair spray, the stiffer the better. Who were your best friends? Patti Jones, Karen Mattox, and Susie Bailey all thru elem school. Then added on Donna Dailey, Sharon "Mouse" Hackett and Janice Wick and many others. Also Bonnie Kerwood who was older than me and lived near me so we hung out listening to records after schoo...

Dear Critique Partner/Build it first/

Dear Critique Partner: In regards to recent criticism of your work, remember this: when we give a piece of our story to someone to read - we expect them to see the whole. It's like building a house and giving someone a single piece of lumber. “Here, see the house I'm building.” SOME CAN SEE IT AND SOME CAN’T. This step is as necessary to me as breathing. I need to give you single boards as I create them. AND I expect you to be a visionary and say, “Why yes. I see.” (EVEN if you don't!) I need you to see how special the piece of lumber is that I'm using and to see that eventually I'll add more pieces to make the whole. Choose people to read your work who like the kind of stories you write. Then, they'll appreciate the pieces. There are as many kinds of stories as there are houses to live in. If you give a brick ranch to someone who only appreciates a high rise he'll have a hard time fitting himself into what you are offering. Don’t rebuild your stor...

WHERE IS THE REAL MR. VERIZON???

I have spent much time since the beginning of July trying to get through the process of getting a rebate from Verizon, you know, the company that sells communication supplies and services. Mostly they sell supplies for which they offer very little service. And the service is sketchy at best. I guess I sound miffed. Ummm, yep, I am. First, I called Verizon about my slow wifi service. We live in the country and don't get great reception. I've limped along with the box (modem)  I had for a couple of years. When I called the first time, the tech told me I needed a new box and an upgrade and to agree to a new two year contract. Okay. Yep I was in. For just $30 she would ship a new box that would provide me with faster service. I got the upgraded box in two days and was singing the praises of Mr. Verizon. Yay. I was going to be up and going and could google everything and anything I wanted. I could shop, ebay, go to Snopes to my heart's content, facebook, twitter, pinterest...