Skip to main content

West Virginia Writer's Conference/Vada Faith free, again...

I'm excited to be going to WV conference this year. While I don't have my paperbacks of Vada Faith - due now end of June - as I'd planned, I'm still pleased to be able to attend the event. I need a get away about now.

This year my writer buddy Jill Sanders is going along. That means we can talk writing, editing, reading etc. non stop for the two days we will attend.

I always love going back home to the mountain state for any reason. But somehow the trek to Ripley for this event means more than going home to me.

It means bringing what little talent I have as a writer and the few successes under my belt to share with my fellow West Virginians who also share my love of writing and reading.

Cedar Lakes where the conference is held is full of nature and wildlife and when I'm there I feel a sense of being one with the universe. Corny? Probably. True? Yes! An emphatic yes.

So as we who attend the conference get ready for this coming week end, I'll be thinking of those I'll see, of the classes I'll take, of the memories I'll make.

Do you attend a conference or workshop in your own area? Perhaps your talent is not in writing but in some other realm.

It's fun to go beyond our comfort zones and expand to learn something new about what we love to do.

I'm open this year to new friends and new ideas and to a great time at the conference.

Here's to you and whatever you are doing this coming week or week end.

In celebration of the conference and my birthday I'm giving Vada Faith away on June 8, and 9th.

If you haven't downloaded the book yet, please feel free to do so.

BLESSINGS!

Comments

  1. Have loads of fun, Barb. I know how deeply your roots are in your home state. Have a great time, make loads of new friends, and enjoy all the workshops. Rejuvenate your soul, dear friend.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I dream of a conference one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attending and participating events like this adds up one's innate talent therefore gaining self-confident and serves as personal investing as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 High School - Poca High School, Putnam County, WV What year was it? Fall 1960 - Spring 1963 What were your favorite bands, or singers? Sam Cook, Chubby Checker, Conway Twitty (It's only make believe), Johnny Rodriquez. Meatloaf. ELvis. What was your favorite outfit? Straight skirts, blouses, cardigans or jackets, little heels. Other Outfits? Jeans and a white Dr. Ben Casey shirt. What was up with your hair? Everything. I put peroxide on it. Lemon juice, thinking it needed to be lighter. I cut it, styled it, put it in a pony tail or a french twist. Hair was the most important thing in my life in high school. And hair spray, the stiffer the better. Who were your best friends? Patti Jones, Karen Mattox, and Susie Bailey all thru elem school. Then added on Donna Dailey, Sharon "Mouse" Hackett and Janice Wick and many others. Also Bonnie Kerwood who was older than me and lived near me so we hung out listening to records after schoo...

Dear Critique Partner/Build it first/

Dear Critique Partner: In regards to recent criticism of your work, remember this: when we give a piece of our story to someone to read - we expect them to see the whole. It's like building a house and giving someone a single piece of lumber. “Here, see the house I'm building.” SOME CAN SEE IT AND SOME CAN’T. This step is as necessary to me as breathing. I need to give you single boards as I create them. AND I expect you to be a visionary and say, “Why yes. I see.” (EVEN if you don't!) I need you to see how special the piece of lumber is that I'm using and to see that eventually I'll add more pieces to make the whole. Choose people to read your work who like the kind of stories you write. Then, they'll appreciate the pieces. There are as many kinds of stories as there are houses to live in. If you give a brick ranch to someone who only appreciates a high rise he'll have a hard time fitting himself into what you are offering. Don’t rebuild your stor...

WHERE IS THE REAL MR. VERIZON???

I have spent much time since the beginning of July trying to get through the process of getting a rebate from Verizon, you know, the company that sells communication supplies and services. Mostly they sell supplies for which they offer very little service. And the service is sketchy at best. I guess I sound miffed. Ummm, yep, I am. First, I called Verizon about my slow wifi service. We live in the country and don't get great reception. I've limped along with the box (modem)  I had for a couple of years. When I called the first time, the tech told me I needed a new box and an upgrade and to agree to a new two year contract. Okay. Yep I was in. For just $30 she would ship a new box that would provide me with faster service. I got the upgraded box in two days and was singing the praises of Mr. Verizon. Yay. I was going to be up and going and could google everything and anything I wanted. I could shop, ebay, go to Snopes to my heart's content, facebook, twitter, pinterest...